The War Remnants Museum
The War Remnants Museum is a war museum 28 Vo Van Tan street, District 3, Ho Chi Minh city which has collected and preserved the document, artifacts related to the Vietnam War.
The Museum launched on 4, September 1975 with the name “US Crime- Wei Exhibition Hall”. 20 years later, it has renamed the War Remnants Museum.
There is no doubt that a large number of Vietnamese people has died in the Vietnam War. Therefore, the museum provides a great opportunity to reflect on that terrible carnage and remind the consequences of wars.
The outdoor of the building
The exterior area displays tanks, planes, a single-seater aircraft and a 6800 kg conventional bomb. One corner is devoted to the notorious prisons on Phu Quoc and Con Dao Islands with the name “The tiger cages” which are known as the most terrible torture palace for invaders against patriotic prisoners. They had to suffer the disadvantage environments such as the darkness, the humid air and only 5m2 wide.
The interior area displays more than 15,000 artifacts, pictures and thousands of documentary films about two periods of resistance against the French, the Americans consisting of 3 floors with 1 ground floor and 2 floors.
+ The ground floor area includes the multi-purpose room and the world room supporting Vietnam resistance.
+ 1st floor includes the consequences of Agent Orange during the American invasion war in Vietnam, War crimes of aggression, movie theatres, meeting rooms.
+ 2nd floor includes Historical facts, Recollections (Photo collection of battlefield correspondents who died in the Indochina war), Agent Orange during the Vietnam War (collection of documentary pictures of Japanese photographer),White Doves (children’s education chamber),Vietnam - War and peace.
Besides, the Museum also has a stall to display and introduce the products of Vietnamese culture so that visitors can buy as souvenirs for friends and relatives.
- Thien Mu Pagoda - The Oldest Pagoda in Hue -21/01/2020
- Linh Ung Pagoda - The Sacred destination in Da Nang, Vietnam -18/01/2020
- Museum of Cham Sculpture, Da Nang -17/01/2020
- Cam Thanh Coconut Village - The Ecotourism Village -16/01/2020
- Hoi An Memories Show - A Amazing Visual Arts Performance -15/01/2020
- My Son Sanctuary - The UNESCO World Heritage Site in Vietnam -13/01/2020
- The Dragon Bridge in Da Nang -10/01/2020
- Dalat Railway Station -09/12/2019
- Po Nagar Cham Towers -07/12/2019
- Truc Lam Zen Monastery -06/12/2019
- Vinpearl Safari Phu Quoc -05/12/2019
- Vinpearl Land Phu Quoc -04/12/2019