Truc Lam Zen Monastery
Truc Lam Zen Monastery is one of the three largest monasteries in Vietnam, which started construction in 1993 by superior Buddhist monk Thich Thanh Tu and completed right after 1 year. Truc Lam Zen Monastery is located in a favourable position in Dalat with its back leaning on the mountain and frontage overlooking the romantic Tuyen Lam Lake, being far about 5km from the city centre to the Prenn Pass.
Around the monastery is the gorgeous green pine forests, giving this place a cool, pleasant atmosphere. When you come here, you will have a chance to contemplate the whole scenery of Tuyen Lam Lake, one of the most beautiful lakes in Dalat.
The Architecture of Truc Lam Zen Monastery
Besides, Truc Lam Zem Monastery also has a unique architecture, inspired by the architecture of the Buddhist monastery attracts a wide range of tourists.
The Monastery was divided into 4 main areas including the public area, Vihara area for the monks, monk and nun domestic quarter. One of the most outstanding features in the monastery is that a rectangle sanctum is enchanting sculpture work. The centre of the sanctum is the statue of Shakyamuni Buddha with the right hand holding a lotus flower. Two sides are Bodhisattva Manjushri statue riding a lion and the Bodhisattva Samantabhadra statue riding a 6-tusk white elephant.
The Way To The Monastery
There are two ways to reach the monastery. If you are visiting Tuyen Lam Lake, you can walk up 140 stone steps path, flanked by the towering pines passing three gates to enter the main gate of the sanctuary. Furthermore, you can take the cable car from Robin Hill to the monastery while freely admiring the panoramic views of Dalat Mountain and a poetic landscape.
Entering the monastery, you have the chance to bring your soul back into a peaceful state and free faraway from daily worries and regain yourself in the greatness of nature. Therefore, Truc Lam Zen monastery has become the meditation place for both domestic and foreign tourists.
- Thien Mu Pagoda - The Oldest Pagoda in Hue -21/01/2020
- Linh Ung Pagoda - The Sacred destination in Da Nang, Vietnam -18/01/2020
- Museum of Cham Sculpture, Da Nang -17/01/2020
- Cam Thanh Coconut Village - The Ecotourism Village -16/01/2020
- Hoi An Memories Show - A Amazing Visual Arts Performance -15/01/2020
- My Son Sanctuary - The UNESCO World Heritage Site in Vietnam -13/01/2020
- The Dragon Bridge in Da Nang -10/01/2020
- Dalat Railway Station -09/12/2019
- Po Nagar Cham Towers -07/12/2019
- Vinpearl Safari Phu Quoc -05/12/2019
- Vinpearl Land Phu Quoc -04/12/2019
- RD Wine Castle -02/12/2019